I prepared for you a dish that often appears on our holiday tables, oysters, but I have prepared them a little differently since I started cooking them. This baked oysters recipe is a great classic at home, I make it every year, varying the preparations a little.
When La Perle de Marie-Jo, which offers home delivery of seafood, asked me to make a recipe with oysters, I immediately thought of this one!
It’s an easy recipe to prepare at the last minute and is usually a crowd-pleaser, even those who aren’t fans of fresh oysters.
Simply open the oysters a little in advance and prepare all the ingredients, then assemble and reheat when ready to serve.
I like to make them in the oven, with a good stuffing. This time, I offer you hot oysters stuffed Charentaise style…
I add shallots, a little wine, a few drops of lemon juice, a little cream and breadcrumbs so that it browns deliciously, without overcooking the oyster itself.
This way of preparing them balances perfectly with the taste of the shellfish and you can taste all the flavors. Ready to try, it’s delicious!?
Baked Oysters Recipe
Which oysters should you choose to make this recipe?
When choosing oysters, I generally take medium or large ones to make this recipe because we don’t want them to cook too much when we put them under the grill and they therefore need to have a little thickness.
Choose flat oysters for example, of fairly large caliber, 1 or 2.
Besides, did you know that the higher the caliber, the smaller the oysters will be and vice versa, the closer you get to zero, the bigger they are. 😉
Come on, I’ll leave you with the details of the recipe!
What ingredients do you need to make this baked oysters recipe?
- dry white wine
- fresh cream
- freshly ground pepper
- flat-leaf parsley or chives
I also have other ideas of this type that I will have to try at home, like the Rockefeller oysters that I was able to taste during a trip to New Orleans… A treat, but recipe a little more complex !
And if you’re looking for other recipe ideas with oysters or seafood, I have a few that I love:
Baked Oysters recipe
- 12 large oysters
- 3 finely chopped shallots
- Dry white wine (1 teaspoon per oyster)
- 1 lemon juice (a few drops per oyster)
- Fresh cream (1 teaspoon per oyster)
- Black pepper
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley or chives (optional)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Prepare the stuffing in advance. Brown the previously chopped shallots in a little butter.When they start to brown a bit, add the white wine, lemon juice, pepper and parsley.Let reduce then remove from heat. Add the crème fraîche, mix well and set aside.
- Open all your oysters using a knife or ask your fishmonger to do it for you. It is best to do this at the last minute or a few minutes before preparing them.
- Preheat your oven in grill mode.
- Remove the oysters from the shells and drain the water a little. Place them flat on your oven rack.
- Place a teaspoon of stuffing in each of the oysters and sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake for 3 to 6 minutes at high temperature, just long enough for the breadcrumbs to brown.
Enjoy these delicious hot gratinated oysters straight out of the oven (being careful not to burn yourself) and enjoy!!
The salty aroma balances perfectly with the lightly toasted stuffing. You can really feel the taste of each flavor… Yum!
If you ever make my homemade baked oysters recipe and you like it, don’t hesitate to tag me on Instagram @tangerinezest so I can see the result…
Finally, just to let you know I am French and I translate my recipes, be indulgent if you see syntax errors and do not hesitate to leave me a comment so I can correct it. I hope you will like my recipes and enjoy your visit to my food blog!