A few days ago, I went to spend the weekend with my parents and in their kitchen they had two beautiful empty scallops. I immediately thought of this Baked Scallops recipe in their shell.
I thought it would be perfect as a container for a good party dish and it’s been a long time since I made this kind of recipe. So I stole them!
You can serve these baked scallop casseroles as a starter or main course, accompanied by a nice green salad or rice, or even a nice slice of country bread, quite simply.
You will see in the recipe that I used dry white wine but if you open a bottle for the aperitif, you can replace it with champagne, it will be even better and more festive. We use so little that you won’t miss it in the cups…
Baked Scallops Recipe
What ingredients do you need to make this recipe?
- fresh scallop
- dry white wine
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- a few drops of lemon
- breadcrumbs here panko
- grated parmesan cheese
If you like this type of seafood or fish recipe, here are some of my favorites:
- Oysters with Mignonette Sauce
- Baked Fish Recipe with Vegetables
- Garlic and Parsley Shrimp
- Homemade Salmon Gravlax
- Baked Oysters
Baked Scallops Recipe
- 6 scallops
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 2 teaspoons dry white wine
- 1 shallot
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Salt and pepper
- A few drops of lemon
- Breadcrumbs here panko
- Grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Finely chop the shallot and brown it in a pan with a knob of butter. Salt pepper.
- In the shells (or ceramic casserole dishes), place the scallops. Spread the shallots on top.
- Add the cream, wine (or champagne) and a few drops of lemon.
- Sprinkle a little Parmesan breadcrumbs over the shells.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown to your liking.
Enjoy, I’m sure you are going to love it!
If you ever make my homemade Baked Scallops French recipe and you like it, don’t hesitate to tag me on Instagram @tangerinezest so I can see the result and share it myself…
Finally, just to let you know I am French and I translate my recipes, be indulgent if you see syntax errors and do not hesitate to leave me a comment so I can correct it. I hope you will like my recipes and enjoy your visit to my food blog!