I love stuffed tomatoes and at the end of summer it’s definitely a dish I make at least once (or even twice) a week in September until they’re gone. no more tomatoes at the market… With these Stuffed Tomatoes with minced Beef recipe, I think I’m saying goodbye to summer dishes for this year.
I invite you to try it quickly because it is a treat or to put this recipe aside for next year…
And then I really wanted to share it with you because I really enjoyed taking this series of photos in monochrome… Do you like it too?
Usually I stuff my tomatoes with a meat mixture consisting mainly of pork, and this time I wanted to change it up and try it with ground beef. The result is very different, almost with a little Bolognese side which I didn’t displease.
Stuffed Tomatoes with minced Beef recipe
WHAT INGREDIENTS do YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- medium-sized tomatoes (Paola type)
- ground beef
- a finely chopped onion
- pressed garlic cloves
- a big carrot
- a few sprigs of finely chopped parsley
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
To accompany these tomatoes, nothing could be simpler: rice, bulgur, semolina, a pan of small diced zucchini with onion and garlic…
HERE ARE OTHER RECIPE IDEAS TO MAKE that you might like:
- Chicken Tagine with Apricot and Almond
- Greek Moussaka – Eggplant and Beef
- Spaghetti and Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
Stuffed Tomatoes with minced Beef
- 8 medium-sized tomatoes (Paola type)
- 400 g ground beef
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 pressed garlic cloves
- 1 large carrot
- A few sprigs of finely chopped parsley
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut the cap with a knife. Empty the flesh with a small spoon without piercing the bottom and place everything in an oven dish.
- Rinse the parsley, strip it and chop it. Peel the onion and garlic and chop them finely.Wash and peel the carrot then cut it into small cubes.Place everything in a bowl.Add the ground beef and breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.Mix everything well with your fingertips.
- Stuff the tomatoes with this stuffing and cover them with their caps. Pour a drizzle of olive oil over it.
- Place in the oven and cook for 45 minutes.
If you ever make my homemade Stuffed Tomatoes with minced Beef recipe and you like it, don’t hesitate to tag me on Instagram @tangerinezest so I can see the result and share it myself…
Finally, just to let you know I am French and I translate my recipes, be indulgent if you see syntax errors and do not hesitate to leave me a comment so I can correct it. I hope you will like my recipes and enjoy your visit to my food blog!