Last summer, I tasted a delicious chicken soup prepared by my sister-in-law (I will have to make it again at home and share it with you!), and I was largely inspired by its flavors to make this White Bean and Vegetable Soup recipe.
A simple treat to make at home!
What I love about this recipe is that it is very easy and quick to prepare and is filling enough thanks to the beans to make a main dish. The ingredients for this delicious white bean soup are super simple and are probably already in your pantry and refrigerator as we speak!
The onion, carrot, celery and garlic combo pairs perfectly with flavorful Italian spices, white beans and a generous sprinkling of Parmesan with some toasted toast.
And it’s ideal after the holidays because this soup is really balanced and healthy, which doesn’t hurt, right…?
White Bean and Vegetable Soup Recipe
What ingredients do you need to make this peasant soup?
- finely chopped yellow onion
- diced carrots
- celery stalks cut into pieces (if you don’t like it you can remove it but I really like the scent it brings)
- pressed garlic cloves
- olive oil
- Italian Seasoning Blend
- salt and pepper
- vegetable or chicken broth
- a can of white beans
- freshly grated parmesan cheese to serve
- fresh rosemary and/or parsley for garnish
- a few slices of toasted bread to serve
I didn’t use any egg in this recipe, but you can also serve with hard boiled eggs.
What other recipes might you also like?
- Creamy Zucchini Soup with Fresh Cheese and Mint
- Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Sweet Potato and Coconut Milk Soup
White Bean and Vegetable Soup recipe
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 diced carrots
- 1 or 2 stalks of celery cut into sections
- 3 pressed garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning mix
- Salt and pepper
- 1 liter vegetable or chicken broth
- 265 g can of white beans drained
- Freshly grated Parmesan to serve
- Fresh rosemary and/or parsley to serve
- A few toasts to serve
- Peel and slice the onion, then dice the celery, carrots and squeeze the garlic.
- Measure and prepare the remaining ingredients for quick soup assembly.Drain and rinse the white beans.
- Gently heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onions, celery and carrots until soft.
- Add the garlic and spices (Italian seasoning) and sauté for another minute or so.
- Add the broth, a sprig of rosemary and the beans.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low but leave to simmer gently.Cook for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and beans are heated through.
- Taste and season (salt and pepper) to taste. You can also add some herbs.
- Once the soup is hot and ready, garnish with grated Parmesan and serve with toasted bread.
If you ever make my White Bean and Vegetable Soup recipe and you like it, don’t hesitate to tag me on Instagram @tangerinezest so I can see the result and share it myself…
Finally, just to let you know I am French and I translate my recipes, be indulgent if you see syntax errors and do not hesitate to leave me a comment so I can correct it. I hope you will like my recipes and enjoy your visit to my food blog!