I’m sure you’ve all seen stuffed Brie at your cheesemonger’s, especially during the end-of-year holidays. with black truffle for example… Today I suggest you make your own version at home with this Brie cheese stuffed with cranberries and nuts recipe!
I will explain to you how to do it, you will see, it is very simple, and you will then be able to personalize your stuffed cheese as you wish, according to your own tastes and desires.
For a previous Christmas, I shared my version of the perfect Christmas cheese board on the blog. I enjoyed making and eating this stuffed Brie so much that I think I’ll add it to my cheese selection this year… 😉
This cheese will also be delicious served as a starter as is or on toast.
Brie Cheese Stuffed with Cranberries and Nuts
What ingredients do you need to make this delicious recipe for Brie stuffed with mascarpone and walnuts?
- Brie cheese, but know that you can also use other cheeses, such as Camembert or Reblochon
- a few tablespoons of mascarpone to add a little binder to the filling
- dried apricots cut into small pieces and a few handfuls of raisins or dried cranberries cut into small pieces (for the sweet and sour side that I love)
- a mixture of roasted nuts (for crunch): crushed hazelnuts, almonds, pistachios, pecans, etc.
- salt and pepper to spice it up
- If you wish, you can always add a drizzle of honey on top of your cheese when serving, this will only make it prettier and more delicious.
Always using a mascarpone base as a binder for your ingredients, but also because it is good, you can make other versions of stuffed cheeses, here are some ideas:
- mascarpone, shallot, dill, chives, almonds
- mascarpone, pecans, dried apples, maple syrup
- mascarpone, almonds, walnuts, dried figs, honey
- mascarpone, porcini mushrooms and black garlic
What other recipe ideas might you also like?
- Cheese Gougeres
- Oven-Roasted Camembert Cheese
- Goat Cheese and Walnut Muffins
- Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pie
- Feta and Mint Bricks
Brie stuffed with cranberries and nuts
- 250 to 300 g Brie cheese
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone
- 2 dried apricots
- 2 handfuls raisins or dried cranberries
- 3 handfuls roasted nuts: hazelnuts, almonds, pistachios, pecans…
- Salt and pepper
- In a blender, roughly chop the mixture of nuts and dried fruits.
- Pour into a bowl, salt, pepper and add the mascarpone. Mix well using a spoon.
- Cut the tip of the Brie in 2 and spread a thick layer of your mixture.Cover with the second half of the brie and wrap everything well without pressing too much.Smooth the sides of your filling using the back of a small spoon so that the sides of your Brie are smooth.
- Cover the stuffed Brie and refrigerate overnight (at least 2 hours) before serving.
If you ever make my Brie cheese stuffed with cranberries and nuts recipe and you like it, don’t hesitate to tag me on Instagram @tangerinezest so I can see the result and share it myself…
Finally, just to let you know I am French and I translate my recipes, be indulgent if you see syntax errors and do not hesitate to leave me a comment so I can correct it. I hope you will like my recipes and enjoy your visit to my food blog!