I’ve been wanting to try these Chocolate Crinkle Cookies recipe for ages which looked absolutely delicious but which I had never made at home before.
I think you know about crinkles or at least you have seen them before, they are soft cookies on the inside, rolled in icing sugar and cracked on the outside.
While leafing through the latest Saveurs magazine, I saw a recipe and I said to myself that it was time to give it a try. Or rather, to be honest, I asked my man to do this by asking him to modify a few things because yes I know, I am incapable of following a recipe.
So I put vanilla sugar instead of vanilla because we didn’t have any at home and we added some spices like cinnamon because we are approaching Christmas and we love it.
So he made this recipe with 4 hands with our 3 year old granddaughter who loved cooking and who was really proud of her crushed biscuits. This is not to downplay their cooking at all, but this recipe is extremely simple to make!
Everyone loved it, young and old and it’s ideal to put in the children’s snack box.
I know that you can also make them with citrus fruits, especially lemon and I think that this will surely be one of the next recipes, perhaps at the beginning of the year…
Besides, if you ever have a good recipe, I’m interested! 😉
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies recipe
My tips to make this easy recipe a success:
- Read the recipe instructions below carefully before you begin.
- Prepare all ingredients (correct quantities and weighed) before starting.
This will allow you to check that you have everything at home and complete it if necessary, to understand the recipe well and overall to go faster in making the recipe, and to enjoy cooking more! 😉
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas like this to treat yourself, here are some of my favorites:
- Chocolate and Almond Cake
- M&m’s and Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Truffles
- Chocolate Brioche Buns
- Chocolate Fondant Cake
- Decadent Chocolate Fudge Cookies
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies recipe
- 200 g flour
- 200 g dark pastry chocolate
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 50 g half-salted butter
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 50 g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Icing sugar
- Cinnamon or 4 grounded spices (optional)
- Break the dark chocolate into pieces and place it in a bowl with the butter. Melt gently in a bain-marie.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs with the brown sugar, vanilla sugar and spices. Mix well until the eggs are foamy.
- Pour the chocolate-butter mixture over the beaten eggs, stirring constantly.
- Add the flour as well as the yeast and cocoa, then mix again.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour so the dough hardens and is easier to handle.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Form 25 small balls between your hands then roll them in the icing sugar, in a deep plate. Place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes then let cool on a rack.
If you ever make my homemade Chocolate Crinkle Cookies recipe and you like it, don’t hesitate to tag me on Instagram @tangerinezest so I can see the result and share it myself…
Finally, just to let you know I am French and I translate my recipes, be indulgent if you see syntax errors and do not hesitate to leave me a comment so I can correct it. I hope you will like my recipes and enjoy your visit to my food blog!