This Fresh Strawberry Pie recipe is absolutely fabulous! It’s very simple and it’s a delight!
It’s true that it’s very pompous but you have to try it and you’ll make your own opinion! I love this tart because it combines the crispness of a puff pastry, a strawberry confit with a touch of balsamic vinegar and fresh strawberries, what could be better!
I usually think it’s a shame to cook strawberries because I find them very good without any embellishment but this recipe mixes the pleasures and it’s so much better!
I even added a few fresh mint leaves which go very well with strawberries. You can also use basil if you like. For those with a sweet tooth, you can even add some dark chocolate chips or the color of your choice 😉
The strawberry season is in full swing, you have to take advantage of it because I find that it never lasts long enough…
Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe
What ingredients do you need to make this delicious strawberry cake recipe?
- puff pastry
- fresh strawberries, you can use several varieties if you wish
- balsamic vinegar
- mint or basil leaves or chocolate chips
Details of the ingredients are listed in the full recipe below.
Here are some dessert ideas that you might like:
Fresh Strawberry Pie
- 1 puff pastry
- 700 g strawberries
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- mint or basil leaves
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Place your puff pastry on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, prick the bottom. Put it in the oven and bake your pastry disc for 15 minutes, making sure that the pastry does not puff up.
- Hull strawberries, cut half into small cubes and the rest into quarters. Place diced strawberries in a bowl, sprinkle with sugar and mix with balsamic vinegar. Pour over the pre-baked pie crust and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Let the pie cool, then place your strawberry wedges on top, along with mint leaves, basil or chocolate chips.
If you ever make my Fresh Strawberry Pie recipe and you like it, don’t hesitate to tag me on Instagram @tangerinezest so I can see the result and share it myself…
Finally, just to let you know I am French and I translate my recipes, be indulgent if you see syntax errors and do not hesitate to leave me a comment so I can correct it. I hope you will like my recipes and enjoy your visit to my food blog!
Leave a Reply