This mushrooms on toast is a delicious fall recipe, just the way I like them: quick and easy!
I used button mushrooms, because I like their firmness and woody taste, and girolles, because there are lots of them in the Grenoble region.
Since I was a child, this has been a regular dish at home, and it’s the kind of express meal I like to make several times in autumn and winter, varying the mushrooms according to the season.
You can choose different varieties to suit your tastes. By the way, I’m curious to know what your favorite mushrooms are? As far as I’m concerned, I think it’s chanterelles/girolles and cèpes/bolets. Yummy!
I’d like to take this opportunity to give you a little advice on cooking mushrooms (especially button mushrooms): it’s best to let them cook without stirring them too much, otherwise they’ll give off water.
Mushrooms on Toast Recipe
Quels sont les ingrédient dont vous aurez besoin pour réaliser cette recette de Croûte aux champignons ?
- des belles tranches de pain
- des champignons de Paris bruns
- des chanterelles ou autres
- de l’ail
- une échalote
- du beurre
- du sel et poivre
- de la crème épaisse
- du fromage type pécorino
What other fall recipe ideas you should also enjoy?
- Greek style Mushrooms Recipe
- Creamy Mushroom Soup easy Recipe
- Roasted Chestnuts
- Vegetarian lasagna with Butternut, Goat Cheese and Spinach
- Pasta with Black Truffle Cream Sauce
Mushrooms on Toast Recipe
- 4 slices of bread
- 250 g brown button mushrooms
- 2 large handfuls of chanterelles or other
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small shallot
- 1 large knob of butter
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 slice of pecorino (optional)
- Wash the mushrooms by drying them. Cut the larger ones into pieces.
- In a casserole dish, brown the pressed garlic and the chopped shallot with the butter.
- Add the chopped button mushrooms and sear them until they start to turn golden brown on each side, stirring them as little as possible.
- Then add the chanterelles and cook for a few minutes.
- Pour in the heavy cream and stir.
- Arrange the mushrooms on the previously toasted slices of bread. Add salt and pepper
- You can grate cheese on top.
If you ever make my homemade recipe and you like it, don’t hesitate to tag me on Instagram @tangerinezest so I can see the result and share it myself…
Finally, just to let you know I am French and I translate my recipes, be indulgent if you see syntax errors and do not hesitate to leave me a comment so I can correct it. I hope you will like my recipes and enjoy your visit to my food blog!