Salmon is one of the dishes we like to eat in France, especially at the end of the year. Today, I suggest you try my raw Sliced Salmon Marinated with Dill recipe.
It’s a very easy and quick recipe to make, which can be prepared at the last minute and which will allow you to change from smoked salmon (which I really like…).
To season this marinated salmon, I used quality olive oil, fresh dill, citrus fruits (lemon and orange) for their juice and zest, pink berries, a treat!
This recipe will be perfect served as is as an aperitif on toasted bread, or as a starter with a small lamb’s lettuce salad. Accompanied by a small glass of champagne or a glass of dry white wine, this marinated salmon will be delicious.
Sliced Salmon Marinated with Dill
WHAT INGREDIENTS do YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS MARINATED SALMON RECIPE?
- fresh quality salmon, without the skin (wild if possible)
- good olive oil
- fresh or dried dill, depending on your preference
- a few grains of pink pepper
- citrus: lemon for the juice and zest and orange for the zest. Take organic citrus fruits so you don’t eat crap and because otherwise the zests are really bitter.
- flower of salt
- pepper (for me, from Timut in this recipe)
I didn’t use any in this recipe but you can also add a small, finely chopped shallot. I think it highlights the salmon very well.
OTHER IDEAS FOR VARIATIONS TO THIS RECIPE:
If you don’t like certain ingredients or if you can’t find them near you, you can definitely imagine another marinade, with a little soy sauce for example…
You can also use another fish, such as sea bream, or thinly sliced scallops.
If you don’t like the taste of dill, it is entirely possible to use other herbs. Chives, for example, will also go very well with fish.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, HERE ARE OTHER IDEAS WITH FISH OR SEAFOOD THAT YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Salmon Gravlax
- Smoked Salmon Rillettes
- Cod and Potato Brandade
- Ceviche Fish
- Baked Fish Recipe with Vegetables
- Baked Scallops
Sliced Salmon Marinated with Dill recipe
- 300 g raw salmon without skin
- 1 good drizzle of olive oil
- A few grains of pink pepper
- A few sprigs of chopped dill
- 1/2 organic lemon for zest
- 1 organic orange for zest
- 1/2 lemon for juice
- Sea salt
- Cut thin slices of salmon using a large, sharp knife.Arrange the slices in a large dish.
- Pour a good drizzle of olive oil over it, pour the pink berries and the dill sprigs on top. Add the lemon and orange zest.Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- When ready to take out, pour the lemon juice over the salmon.Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
If you ever make my Sliced salmon marinated recipe and you like it, don’t hesitate to tag me on Instagram @tangerinezest so I can see the result and share it myself…
Finally, just to let you know I am French and I translate my recipes, be indulgent if you see syntax errors and do not hesitate to leave me a comment so I can correct it. I hope you will like my recipes and enjoy your visit to my food blog!