At home, savory tartlets are rather a great classic because they are easy, quick to make and you can put almost anything in the refrigerator, which can sometimes be more than practical… For this savory Mushroom and Cheddar Tart recipe, we didn’t stock up at all but I picked out some lovely fresh mushrooms from the market and used old Cheddar cheese I brought straight from England.
It was really succulent and perfect accompanied by a small green salad.
For this version, I again used my traditional pie crust without butter but you can make a classic shortcrust pastry if you prefer.
Mushroom and Cheddar Tart Recipe
WHAT INGREDIENTS do YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS DELICIOUS SAVORY TART RECIPE?
- grated old cheddar
- garlic clove
- grainy mustard
- an egg
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- pie crust, vegan here
WHAT ARE THE OTHER IDEAS FOR SAVORY PIE RECIPES THAT YOU SHOULD ALSO PROVIDE?
- Flammkuchen – Pizza with Bacon and Onion
- Ham and Cheese Pie
- French Onion Pie
- Zucchini Ricotta Pizza
- Tomato Burrata Basil and Mortadella Pizza
Mushroom and old cheddar tart
- 500 g mushrooms
- 100 g grated old cheddar
- 1 large shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small drizzle of oil
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 10 cl cream
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- 1 homemade pie crust
- Prepare your tart base, roll it out and place it in a tart dish.
- Clean your mushrooms and cut them into strips.
- Slice the shallot and cut the garlic into very thin slices.
- In a pan, heat the butter with a drizzle of oil. Brown the garlic and shallot for 2 minutes over medium heat.Then add the mushrooms and stir as little as possible otherwise they will release a lot of water.Heat for 10 to 15 minutes so that the mushrooms start to brown on some sides.Salt and pepper then place them on your tart base.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl, beat together the egg, whole grain mustard and cream then pour over the mushrooms.
- Scrape the cheddar on top and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until the tart is golden brown.
If you ever make my homemade Mushroom and cheddar tart recipe and you like it, don’t hesitate to tag me on Instagram @tangerinezest so I can see the result and share it myself…
Finally, just to let you know I am French and I translate my recipes, be indulgent if you see syntax errors and do not hesitate to leave me a comment so I can correct it. I hope you will like my recipes and enjoy your visit to my food blog!