If you’re like me, you won’t hesitate to start the end-of-year festivities with a slightly lighter but delicious starter like this Pumpkin and Chestnut Soup recipe!
It’s a soup recipe I’m particularly fond of, because it’s quick and easy to make and can be prepared in advance. The taste of pumpkin and chestnut go very well together.
At home, this soup made two dinners and the little ones loved it. With a few slices of bread and a little truffle brie, it was perfect for an evening meal. Yummy!
I made this velvety soup with my KitchenAid multifunction food processor. This little food processor is becoming my best friend in the kitchen because it’s so versatile, easy to use and easy to wash (doesn’t that count either?!)…
The next recipe I want to try with it is a fish terrine for Christmas…
Pumpkin and Chestnut Soup Recipe
What ingredients do you need to make this pumpkin and chestnut cream soup?
- cooked and peeled chestnuts
- pumpkin or squash
- an onion
- vegetables soup
- liquid fresh cream
- some water
- olive oil
If you also like autumn treats, here are some other recipe ideas that I really like:
- Pumpkin and Tomato Soup
- Pumpkin Gratin
- Vegetarian lasagna with Butternut, Goat Cheese and Spinach
- Roasted Chestnuts
KITCHENAID food processor
If you are looking for an excellent mixer and multifunction robot, I recommend mine from KitchenAid which I have had for several years and which I use all the time.
It really is a great ally for those who love cooking! It also exists in other colors.
Pumpkin and Chestnut Soup
- 200 g cooked and peeled chestnuts
- 1/2 pumpkin or 1 pumpkin
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 1/2 liter vegetable broth
- Fresh liquid cream
- 1 liter water
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- In a saucepan, brown the pressed garlic and finely chopped onion.
- Then add all the ingredients, except the cream, and cook covered for around twenty minutes. Check the pumpkin for cooking by inserting a knife into it; it must be well cooked.
- Then place all the ingredients in the bowl of your multifunction robot fitted with the slicing knife. Then mix until you obtain a very smooth velvety consistency.
- Serve in bowls then add a little cream, salt and pepper to taste.
Do not hesitate to mix in two batches if the bowl of your food processor is too full.
If you ever make my Homemade Pumpkin and Chestnut Soup recipe and you like it, don’t hesitate to tag me on Instagram @tangerinezest so I can see the result and share it myself…
Finally, just to let you know I am French and I translate my recipes, be indulgent if you see syntax errors and do not hesitate to leave me a comment so I can correct it. I hope you will like my recipes and enjoy your visit to my food blog!