We continue the ball of fall recipes by putting at the honor its colors! Isn’t this pumpkin and tomato soup pretty? In any case, I enjoyed making it, taking pictures of it and of course eating it with some good homemade croutons…
During a mushroom picking trip (with a recipe to come 😉 ) I had fun picking up some leaves, pine cones and chestnuts to decorate the pictures of my seasonal recipes. I hope you like it!
In any case, the warm light that comes out of it gives me a very nice cocooning feeling. I hope you do too!
I have a few particularly autumnal recipes coming up… something to enjoy with seasonal produce, both sweet and savory! Mmmmh!!! On the agenda: mushrooms, chestnuts, pears, and lots of other good stuff… I can’t wait to see what you think…
Pumpkin and tomato soup
WHAT INGREDIENTS WILL YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS DELICIOUS Pumpkin and Tomato Soup RECIPE ?
All the quantities of the ingredients are indicated in the detailed recipe below.
Well, the cream is not an absolute necessity, I very rarely put it in my soups, but I find that it goes very well with the pumpkin and accentuates the unctuous side of this little soup.
I don’t know if you noticed, but the cream has formed a cobweb-like pattern, it must be the approach of Halloween… 😉
And yes, we have to accept that autumn is setting in! But this season also has its culinary interests with the arrival of new vegetables. And to accept these first drops in temperature, I offer you a little autumn soup recipe: a good pumpkin soup recipe with cardamom and curry.
The soup…, it risks being the star of the next six months with recipes more delicious than one could imagine… And then, with all these beautiful colors, it lifts your spirits! Yum !
Personally, I like floating a few little homemade croutons in it, it’s even better!
Pumpkin Soup Recipe with Cardamom and Curry
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS DELICIOUS SPICED PUMPKIN SOUP?
If you also like squash, here are some other recipe ideas that I really like:
- Vegetarian lasagna with Butternut, Goat Cheese and Spinach
- Pumpkin and Pecorino Risotto
- Creamy Pumpkin Pasta
- Baked Spaghetti Squash with Goat Cheese
- Pumpkin Gratin
- Pumpkin Soup with Cardamom and Curry
- Creamy Mashed Pumpkin
Pumpkin and tomato soup
- 1 pumpkin
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and cut the onion into small pieces. Fry it with a little olive oil in a pot.
- After washing and removing the seeds, cut the pumpkin into pieces.
- Put the pieces of pumpkin with the onion in the pot. Add tomatoes and garlic. Add the broth and cover with water.
- Let simmer on medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Salt, pepper and spice before mixing everything. You can readjust the amount of water to obtain the desired texture (more or less liquid).
- Serve hot with a little fresh cream.
Just to let you know I am French and I translate my recipes, be indulgent if you see syntax errors and do not hesitate to leave me a comment so I can correct it. I hope you will like my recipes and enjoy your visit to my food blog!