I had never tried spaghetti squash before even though I am a huge fan of other varieties like pumpkin and butternut. For this first recipe, it’s a version of Baked Spaghetti Squash with Goat Cheese recipe that I tested and I already have an idea for the next one…
And yes, because since I rarely do things by halves, I actually bought two spaghetti squashes!
You will see that in the recipe, I indicated that the quantity was for 4 people, it is as a dish, because as a side dish, you can share this recipe with 6. And yes, a spaghetti squash is quite big !
Baked Spaghetti Squash with Goat Cheese recipe
What ingredients will you need to make this delicious recipe for Baked Spaghetti Squash with Goat Cheese Gratin?
- spaghetti squash
- of honey
- some mustard
- goat cheese
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
My tips for making this recipe a success:
- Read the recipe instructions below carefully before starting.
- Prepare all the ingredients (correct quantities and weighed) before starting.
This will allow you to check that you have everything at home and to supplement it if necessary, to understand the recipe well and to go faster overall in making the recipe, and to have more fun cooking! 😉
If you like spaghetti squash, here are one other recipe idea: Baked Spaghetti Squash Carbonara.
Other fall recipe ideas that you might also like:
- Roasted Chestnuts
- Vegetarian lasagna with Butternut, Goat Cheese and Spinach
- Creamy Mushroom Soup easy Recipe
- Pumpkin and Pecorino Risotto
- Pumpkin Gratin
- Creamy Mashed Pumpkin
Baked Spaghetti Squash with Goat Cheese
- 1 medium sized spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 handful of walnut kernels
- Garlic powder
- 200 g goat cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise.Remove the seeds and place it on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, flesh side down so it doesn't dry out.
- Bake at 180°C/350°F and cook for 50 minutes.
- Then let it cool for a few minutes then scrape the flesh using a fork to form spaghetti (as in the video).Mix the spaghetti with the mustard and leave everything in the squash halves which will form containers for gratinating or even serving.
- Cut the goat cheese into small pieces and spread over the top of the squash flesh.Sprinkle a little garlic powder, salt, pepper and pour a teaspoon of honey on each half as well as a drizzle of olive oil.Sprinkle with a few walnut kernels and bake for 20 minutes, still at 180°C, until the cheese has melted.
- Mix everything well and enjoy hot, without burning yourself…
If you ever make this Baked Spaghetti Squash recipe and you like it, don’t hesitate to tag me on Instagram @tangerinezest so I can see the result and share it myself…
Finally, just to let you know I am French and I translate my recipes, be indulgent if you see syntax errors and do not hesitate to leave me a comment so I can correct it. I hope you will like my recipes and enjoy your visit to my food blog!