This raw zucchini salad recipe is a treat for the eyes and taste buds! I love the way the raw zucchini ribbons wrap around each other. The parmesan cheese gives it a little salty touch and the lemon vinaigrette gives it all its vibrancy.
Oh, and I almost forgot!
This salad requires only a few ingredients and takes only a few minutes to make. It’s really a simple and elegant recipe.
When choosing zucchini for this recipe, or even in general, avoid large zucchini. They tend to be grainy, watery and tasteless, while small zucchini are tender and delicate.
You can also use different varieties of zucchini to bring more color to your dish: green, yellow or even spotted (as shown here).
There are several ways to make the ribbons. You can use a sharp knife, a vegetable peeler or a mandolin to slice them vertically into long, thin strips.
In my photos, I didn’t have pine nuts, so I replaced them with hazelnuts and sesame seeds that I had in my cupboards, but I have to admit that I really prefer this recipe with small pine nuts colored in the pan, for the crunch!
For the fresh herbs, I used basil and thyme, but adapt according to your tastes and what you have in your planters. Mint leaves will add an extra touch of fresh flavor. Parsley or tarragon would also work well.
Finally, for the cheese, I recommend shavings of parmesan or pecorino (my preference), but this recipe would also be great with crumbled feta or goat cheese.
This zucchini salad will be perfect as a side dish to a summer dish or as an appetizer.
Raw Zucchini Salad Recipe with lemon
What ingredients will you need to make this delicious raw zucchini salad recipe?
- pine nuts, hazelnuts or sesame seeds
- fresh herbs (mint, chives, basil)
- parmesan or pecorino cheese
- salt and pepper
And if you’re a zucchini fan too, here are some of my favorites:
- Zucchini Ricotta Pizza
- Zoodle with pesto, roasted tomatoes and feta cheese
- Creamy Zucchini Soup with Fresh Cheese and Mint
- Roasted Vegetables Bagel and Goat Cheese
- Zucchini and Ricotta Cheese Lasagna
>> But I have many more zucchini recipes, hard to choose 😉
Raw Zucchini Salad Recipe
- 1 large shallot minced
- 3 small zucchinis
- Pine nuts, hazelnuts or sesame seeds
- Fresh herbs (mint, chives, basil)
- grated Parmesan or pecorino cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Use a vegetable peeler to cut the zucchini into thin strips.
- Place the zucchini tagliatelle in a salad bowl, toss with a little lemon vinaigrette, then transfer the zucchini to a dish to serve.
- Garnish with pine nuts, hazelnuts and sesame seeds as well as chives, basil and a few shavings of parmesan.
- Drizzle with the famous lemon vinaigrette and season to taste.
If you ever make my Raw Zucchini Salad recipe and you like it, don’t hesitate to tag me on Instagram @tangerinezest so I can see the result and share it myself…
Finally, just to let you know I am French and I translate my recipes, be indulgent if you see syntax errors and do not hesitate to leave me a comment so I can correct it. I hope you will like my recipes and enjoy your visit to my food blog!
Leave a Reply