Exactly as a brioche saucisson Lyonnais This recipe from saucisse briochée de Morteau sera parfaite en toute saison. And, you will have it, already included, as I am (in part) original francomtoise, This is naturally a Morteau sausage that I chose… I really like the side smoked that emerges and which permeates perfectly soft brioche.
For your brioche, I propose to the work at hand, because I find that we get better feel good texture to the dough, and then, This is not so complicated that ! But if you have a pastry robot, It works very well also…
- 1 Morteau sausage (raw or cooked)
- 1 sachet of Baker's yeast
- 2 c. s. warm water
- 250 g flour
- 3 Eggs + 1 yellow to Brown dough
- 100 g butter ointment
- 2 large pinches of salt
- 10 g sugar
- Pour the sachet of yeast in a bowl with warm water and let stand 10 to 15 minutes, then stir. The smell is not top, but good, It's for a good cause...
- Then pour the flour into a bowl, make a well and add the previous mixture of dilute yeast.
- Work well the dough by hand and fold 3 Eggs one by one, then the sugar and salt. Knead the dough well, then add the soft butter. Knead well until dough comes off of the salad bowl. You can add a little flour if the dough still sticks too. This may take 10 to 15 minutes. It takes the strength in the arm...
- Then let the dough rise in the covered Bowl with a clean towel, in a warm place (near a radiator) during 1 time 1/2.
- During this time, Cook your Morteau sausage in water during 40 minutes (20 minutes if it is already cooked). Personally, I have not pierced my sausage, but you can do it. I find that it still tastier. Dry cooked once it.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °.
- Roll out dough to a rectangle brioche (or what looks like) and wrap the dough around the sausage. Well close the dough brioche by pressing with your fingers. Made 3 small holes on top of the dough to the sausage.
- Place the brioche on a plate in the oven covered in paper sulfurized, bask in egg yolk.
- Bake finally during 25 minutes.
You can enjoy this Morteau sausage in brioche right out of the oven with a good green salad and a bit of cancoillotte House, for example…
Finally, What's great with this recipe, It is that same cold, the next day, It was also a treat. I in saliva in retrospect…
It's really a great success, not complicated and delicious, with a soft perfect ! By the way I think, I've never made this recipe to my parents, I keep the idea for one of their next visit… 😉